Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Victoria

Victoria came through very strongly for me today. We'd had enough in this one meeting. Two co-workers were actually mocking me! How childish!

(I work in a terrible environment where no one works together. I HATE it! As an example of how high stress this job is, we hired someone to be the Executive Office Assistant this week. She started Monday and then never came back from lunch on Tuesday! No call or anything. Just decided it was too much for her.)

So... In this meeting where once again, I'm getting my tasks reprioritized and given more work to do then humanly possible with NO appreciation for what I AM and HAVE been doing. When they started making fun of me I was shocked. I didn't even understand what they were doing at first because it was so off the wall.

I got so frustrated I almost started to cry. I left the meeting and tried to calm down but was so angry I was shaking. That's when Victoria stepped in. She REALLY CAN be scary sometimes. She's completely ruthless. She has no time for fuck ups or wishy wasby delays. She MOVES. She thinks faster, walks faster, talks faster.... She's VERY much in control and has no fear. She's how I made it through today.

No comments:

Post a Comment