Sunday, April 11, 2010

Shutdown

I often find myself completely shut down. I can't do much more than sit and stare. Today, I hit the shut down. My therapist and I also call this a "freeze." It used to only happen when I was in some sort of traumatic situation but now it happens at least once a week, generally more. Time is sort of distorted during these shutdowns.

I guess it's my way of taking a break when things get overwhelming. I really wish I could just get up and clean my house! That's when I wish Victoria would take over. She's the one that gets things done. She's a good one to be in public. It's safe when she's the one operating. It's not always good though. She can tend to offend people I think, because of her lack of empathy and compassion or simple regard for other people. She's what you would call a severe type A personality.

I've pretty much come to grips with the fact that I'm not getting anything done today. :( I'm still not happy about it though. My head is killing me and I know I need to eat but don't want to get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment