Wednesday, April 14, 2010

MAE

The craziest thing happened today. I recently got a hair cut. Not your average trim, either. I got 12 inches cut off and donated it to locks of love. So everyone at work is shocked. It doesn't seem to have phased me. It's actually hard for me to understand why people are freaking out so much. When Victoria is present, she totally doesn't get it and has said a couple cold things to people. She's relying on other parts to respond to the emotion of a hair cut....

So I was sitting in this meeting today. I wasn't prepared with my normal reports at all because there is nothing going on with the program right now. I walked in late, with no computer, clip board or even a pen. I sat down, reclined a bit and just observed. Victoria is generally the part that works in this meeting.... very organized, prepared, hard nosed, lay it on the line kind of personality. EVERYONE NOTICED THE CHANGE! Someone commented on my hair again and said something about how it's a new me. Then they started talking about how different I was and in what way. Then they gave me a new name. Now, it was all in good fun and joking around but they couldn't have been more right!

It WAS a VERY different part of me. They all decided to give me the name Mae (pronounced May). I think it's suiting for this part. I'll stick with it. Here are some of Mae's character traits:

-She's relaxed but poised.
-She's a good business woman and still very much in control and in charge on the things she knows best.
-She's smart and contemplative but also quick with decisions and opinions, like Victoria.
-She's observant and quiet.
-She's extremely confident but not cocky (like Victoria can be).
-She doesn't take shit from people and deflects insults with sarcasm instead of anger or other insults.
-She can laugh and has a great sense of humour.
-Everyone liked her ... much more than a couple other parts that have been in that meeting before.

She's AWESOME! I don't operate from her much but I wish I did. How did she get to be so calm and collected? She would be GREAT in social settings.

Who would have thought that my co-workers (who nothing about my parts or issues) would give one of them a name ... and such a fitting name! I want more of her around!

The oldest memory I have of this part is probably from around high school age (17ish). When I would visit my Dad in another state, I would sort of turn into someone else. These are the times I had a good deal of fun and people were attracted to me much more than other parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment