Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What should I do?

I've been toying with the idea of "taking time off from therapy." It sort of popped into my head and now I can't get rid of it. I can't tell if it's a healthy thought or not. I often run from situations when I'm just about to make or have just made some good progress. My therapist can't help me make this decision either.

It all boils down to money. I want to have some money to get stuff done in my house so I can stop feeling like such a failure. I can't do both. My therapist and nutritionist cost almost $500 a month.

It's such a different thought than I was having a week ago. A week ago, I was thinking about spending MORE time and money on recovery. This is why I feel so segmented. It's so much unlike where I was only a few days ago. It's like I switched my thinking entirely.

What do you think I should do?

2 comments:

  1. Therapy, for sure. Just hang in there, and focus on getting yourself sorted out. The house will come...it just takes time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. M

    Thanks! I canceled with my therapist and nutritionist. Then I changed my mind. I did a lot of soul searching and dialoguing with my parts to try and figure out what was going on. At one point I was so confused by my own thoughts that I held onto my head and screamed, "How can I actually confuse myself?!" I saw my therapist yesterday. It went well and I'm planning to see her again next Friday.

    ReplyDelete